This blog is written by a bipolar sufferer to help and encourage other sufferers. I believe life, even with bipolar disorder, can and should be celebrated and enjoyed. In simple terms “Life should be ducky.”
I have suffered from Bipolar 1 disorder most of my life. During my struggles with this illness I have developed five truths about bipolar disorder:
- Bipolar as an illness is as individual as the people that suffer from it.
- A proper diagnosis and proper medication only stabilize’s our minds.
- Therapy is essential to change our thinking and challenge our belief systems to find reality.
- It is only by developing a strong connection with our authentic selves can we overcome our mental anguish and emotional turmoil.
- We, as bipolar sufferers, can be useful and productive members of society.
I pray these five truths and the weekly messages help you find some hope that this illness we share can be managed in a way to give you an enjoyable life. I hope my messages offer ideas to help you develop an action plan that keeps you living in the fifth truth of being a useful and productive member of society. To live the life you want action is required.
A new blog is posted every Wednesday.