Hi, I am Jason founder of 365daysofbipolar.com. I have suffered from Bipolar 1 disorder most of my life. I am not a doctor and therefore cannot comment on medications only to say medication has a purpose and is necessary. I am not a therapist and therefore cannot comment on the therapeutic side of this illness. Again, all I can say is that therapy is necessary for battling this illness. I believe life, even with bipolar disorder, can and should be celebrated and enjoyed. In simple terms “Life should be ducky.” During my struggles with this illness and talking to a lot of fellow bipolar sufferers I have developed what I call my five truths about bipolar disorder:
- Bipolar as an illness is as individual as the people that suffer from it. This simply means that bipolar disorder does not affect each of us the same way. Yes, there are similarities or we could not be diagnosed. We must each find the tools that work just for us.
- A proper diagnosis gives us hope and proper medication only stabilizes our moods and minds. Medication alone does not fix us.
- Therapy is essential to change our thinking and challenge our belief systems to find reality.
- It is only by developing a strong connection with our authentic selves can we overcome our mental anguish and emotional turmoil.
- We, as bipolar sufferers, can be useful and productive members of society.
365daysofbipolar is dedicated to helping you learn to become connected with your authentic self.
What is connecting with your authentic self?
We all have to find our own best way of living. None of us do this exactly alike. By connecting with your authentic self, the best life for you becomes intuitive. You no longer have to think about what is best for you.
By connecting with your authentic self, you will:
- Know yourself, your needs, your values.
- How to protect yourself
- How to love yourself.
I pray the weekly messages help you find some hope that this illness we share can be managed in a way to give you an enjoyable life. I hope my messages offer ideas to help you develop an action plan that keeps you living in the fifth truth of being a useful and productive member of society. To live the life you want action is required.
Disclaimer: As of December 2019 all the photos used in this site are taken by myself or my friend Bruce Johnson. All quotes and backdrops are created using Canva.
A new blog is posted every Wednesday.